Grounds Crew (SEASONAL)
Updated: March 5, 2018
Title: Grounds Crew
Department: Operations Services
Position: SEASONAL, Full Time
Expected Placement (subject to change): May 1st – September 9th, 2018
This is a full-time position at 40 - 44 hours per week for $16.00 - $18.00 per hour. Spruce Meadows is a world renowned show jumping venue which holds a number of tournaments throughout the year. Events are held on weekends, therefore it is necessary to be available to work both weekends and nights. Shifts will fluctuate to coincide with the busy Spruce Meadows Tournament Season.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Care and upkeep of all live trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials, general lawn care and maintenance
- Divot and turf repair, irrigation requirements related to this scope of practice
- Maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and tools related to the gardening tasks
- Maintenance such as sweeping, washing, basic repair (within scope) of Spruce Meadows grounds including but not limited to: pathways of various medium, outdoor furniture, fencing, temporary and permanent structures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Reliable transportation to and from work and a Class 5 driver’s license (there is no transit available to Spruce Meadows)
- High School diploma
- Organizational proficiency
- Ability to move quickly and carry heavy loads
- Strong time management skills
- Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings in listed dates of employment
- Experience and certification in specialized equipment operation (skidsteer, fork lift, aerial work platform, agricultural equipment, tractors, etc.) (Strong Asset)
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
- Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work is in a fast-paced work environment. Successful applicants must be willing to work in a variety of different settings, and must work well in both team and individual scenarios. The Spruce Meadows venue operates in all weather conditions, from early mornings into late nights and on weekends.
The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement). – All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you would be interested in joining our team, please drop-off, mail, fax or email your resume to:
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta, T2X 4B7
Re: Grounds Crew
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.