Kitchen & Hospitality Assistant (SEASONAL)
Title: Kitchen & Hospitality Assistant
Department: Tournament Services
Position: SEASONAL, Full Time
Expected Placement (subject to change): June 1st, 2018 – July 13th, 2018
This is a full-time position at 40 - 44 hours per week for $16.00 - $18.00 per hour. Spruce Meadows is a world renowned show jumping venue which holds a number of tournaments throughout the year. Events are held on weekends, therefore it is necessary to be available to work both weekends and nights. Shifts will fluctuate to coincide with the busy Spruce Meadows Tournament Season.
The Kitchen & Hospitality Assistant is responsible for working under the guidance of the Kitchen & Hospitality Coordinator. As a team they will be providing food (creation and distribution), to a wide variety of people, including but not limited to volunteers, sponsors and sport officials at Spruce Meadows grounds. As well as working alongside, monitoring and teaching our kitchen volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included, but are not limited to)
· Organize and distribute daily snack baskets to all judges booths in use
· Organize and distribute daily snacks for all Sponsor Playpens
· Organize and distribute daily lunch orders to all judges booths in use
· Organize the Meadowview Lounge for required tournaments (‘National’, ‘North American’, ‘Masters’)
· Assist volunteers with food preparation and distribution for Meadowview Lounge for required tournaments (‘National’, ‘North American’, ‘Masters’)
· Assist in hosting in Meadowview Lounge if required
· Receive and signing off for delivery drop offs
· High school diploma
· Current Alberta ProServe Certification
· Reliable transportation to and from work (there is no transit available to Spruce Meadows)
· Ability to move quickly and carry heavy loads (abled body)
· Strong time management skills
· Follow a ‘clean as you go’ mantra to ensure that all work areas are always clean and orderly (work areas to remain up to Alberta Heath Services Code)
· Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
· Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
· Ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings in listed dates of employment
· Experience in a professional kitchen(Strong Asset)
· Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
· Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work is in a fast-paced work environment. Successful applicants must be willing to work in a variety of different settings, and must work well in both team and individual scenarios. The Spruce Meadows venue operates in all weather conditions, from early mornings into late nights and on weekends.
The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement). – All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume to:
RE: Kitchen & Hospitality Assistant
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
OR email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.