MARKT. by Spruce Meadows Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
- 1. In these Conditions, the term “Exhibitor” means the signatory of this application and includes all employees or agents of such. The term “Management” means Spruce Meadows Ltd and its employees or agents.
- 2. No part of the space contracted by the Exhibitor may be sublet, resold or shared without the prior written permission of Management. Exhibitors will not use their exhibit space for any purpose or exhibit products, other than that shown on the Space Application/Contract.
- 3. Spruce Meadows Ltd. will not accept any applications from companies selling timeshare properties or similar products.
4. No form of free draw or raffle will be allowed by any company or individual exhibiting at Spruce Meadows Ltd. The sale of tickets in any form is not permitted without written permission from Management. The only exceptions are sponsoring companies, in which cases written agreements have been confirmed.
5. All Spruce Meadows Ltd logos and trademarks are registered and cannot be used at any time whatsoever without written permission and consent from Management.
6. Photographic/video image release: The [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] understands that Spruce Meadows will be gathering photographic and video images and recordings during this event, which images and recordings may include the [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer/ Attendees]. The [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] agrees that those images and recordings are the sole and exclusive property of Spruce Meadows and hereby consent to Spruce Meadow’s release and reproduction of all photographic and video images, recordings and likenesses taken during its events for future promotional or commercial purposes, without any notice or compensation.
7. Waiver of Liability and Indemnification: Spruce Meadows assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any property placed in the contracted [venue/exhibition] premises and the [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] agrees that Spruce Meadows is expressly released and discharged from any and all liability from any loss or damage.
The [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] agrees to hold harmless, release and discharge from all liability and waive all claims, demands and actions against Spruce Meadows and each of its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and volunteers, for all personal or property injury, damage, harm, loss or costs whatsoever sustained by the [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, or assigns, while on the [venue/exhibition] premises during the [Client’s/Exhibitor’s/Event Organizer’s] occupancy or otherwise connected with the [Client’s/Exhibitor’s/Event Organizer’s] occupancy of the [venue/exhibition] premises.
The [Client/Exhibitor/Event Organizer] assumes full liability for and shall fully defend, indemnify (including payment of all legal fees, costs and disbursements) and hold harmless Spruce Meadows and each of its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and volunteers, from all claims, demands and actions brought by any person relating to or in any way connected to the [Client’s/Exhibitor’s/Event Organizer’s] occupancy of the [venue/exhibition] premises.
8. Management reserves the right to alter or change the space assigned to the Exhibitor. As such, it is advised not to advertise a specific booth location prior to the event.
9. Management reserves the right at any time to alter or remove exhibits, or any part thereof, including printed materials, products, signs, lights, or sound, and to expel exhibitors or their personnel if, in Management’s opinion, their conduct or presentation is objectionable to Management or other show participants.
10. Food, beverages, or unique items either sold or given away must be approved by Management.
11. No pets, or live animals are permitted without the written consent of Management.
12. Any price or descriptive signs must be small, discreet, and professionally produced. Any handwritten signs will be removed by management. Courtesy signs of materials on loan or sponsorship are not permitted without the written permission of Management.
13. The Exhibitor agrees to confine his/her presentation within the contracted space only. No exhibits or advertising matter will be allowed to extend beyond the confines of the contracted space and cannot block or detour any other Exhibitor’s right-of-way to his/her contracted space.
14. No signage, verbal promotion or promotional materials are to be exhibited or advertised in any manner whatsoever outside of each exhibitor’s designated booth space, anywhere on Spruce Meadows Ltd property.
15. All promotional measures referencing Spruce Meadows Ltd or Equi-Fair must first be approved by Management.
16. The Exhibitor is responsible for the placement and cost of insurance related to his/her participation in the show. It is recommended that exhibitors have a minimum of $2,000,000 in liability coverage.
17. No Exhibitor is to injure, mar, or in any way deface the trade show premises. In particular, no nails, hooks, tacks, screws, gummed or adhesive stickers are to be utilized on any part of the premises. Use of said materials will be subject to reasonable removal/repair charges by Management.
18. Exhibits must be attractive and kept neat and tidy at all times. Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning their own booths. Management is responsible for cleaning the aisles every evening after the show closes.
19. The Building Supervisor, Security Staff, Maintenance Staff and Show Management are to have free access at all times to the space occupied by each Exhibitor.
20. All goods shipped to the show must be clearly marked with the name of the Exhibitor and the booth space number. Goods must not be shipped to the show with shipping charges to be paid on arrival as these will not be accepted by Management. Management assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to goods before, during the period of the show, or after its closing.
21. The Exhibitor shall occupy the space during the set-up hours given in the Exhibits brochure and Exhibitor Manual. The Exhibitor also agrees that no display may be dismantled or goods removed during the entire run of the show but must remain intact until the closing hour of the last day of the show. Furthermore, the Exhibitor agrees to remove their own exhibit, equipment and appurtenances from the show buildings by the final move-out time limit, or in the event of failure to do so, the Exhibitor agrees to pay for storage (see item #22).
22. The Exhibitor agrees to pay storage costs to Spruce Meadows Ltd for any exhibit items, products, displays, trailers, animals or buildings either owned, rented, borrowed or leased that are left on Spruce Meadows Ltd property. If the item(s) are sold, or have a lien from a third party, the exhibitor will still be responsible and liable for all storage costs. The storage fee will be charged for each week or portion thereof after the closing day of the event. The storage fee will be charged out at one dollar per pound/week the item is on Spruce Meadows Ltd’ property regardless of item size and storage location. Storage fees must be paid in full prior to removal from Spruce Meadows Ltd and any item left longer than six months will become the property of Spruce Meadows Ltd.
23. Exhibitors are to maintain personnel in their exhibit booth during all open hours of the exhibit area.
24. Management will provide reasonable security for the buildings during the hours the show is closed. Exhibitors must have an adult directly responsible for their own security each day during the hours the show is open.
25. Force majeure: Spruce Meadows shall not be liable for any damages or loss or otherwise for failure to carry out the items of this Agreement, in whole or in part, caused directly or indirectly by or in consequence of any force majeure event including fire, storm, dangerous weather condition, war, insurrection, riot, civil commotion, strike, epidemic, pandemic, or by any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of Spruce Meadows whether similar to or dissimilar from the causes enumerated herein.
26. Management may license space for any exhibit of interest to the general public or of educational value.
27. The Exhibitor agrees to observe all union contracts and labour relations in force, agreements between Show Management, official contractors serving companies and the buildings in which the show will take place and according to the labour laws of the Province of Alberta. The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all local Fire and Safety Regulations.
28. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all regulations and rules adopted by Management in the best interest of the show, and as Management may consider it necessary to impose for the safety and well being of the Exhibitors and others attending the show. The Exhibitor further agrees that the Manager shall have the absolute right and discretion to alter, amend, add, or delete any of these rules and regulations and to make any ruling on any matter or question not expressly provided for herein, and the exhibitor shall be bound by such alteration, amendment, addition, deletion or ruling as if it had been made prior to the application for exhibit space. The Manager shall have the absolute right and discretion to relax, vary, or cancel any of the rules and regulations in individual cases.
29. Spruce Meadows is committed to the highest standards of behaviour and expects the same standards, conduct and behaviour from those participating in any Spruce Meadows event.
30. Spruce Meadows booth cancellation policy is as follows: National, North American, Masters & International Christmas Market*, 45 days prior to event $100 administration fee is deducted from fees paid, remaining fees are refunded. Notice received within the 45 day period, no refund of fees. *Christmas Market booths that are booked for all 3 weekends cannot be cancelled in the singular.