- Responsible for being the administrative support for the Vice President of Special Events
- Organize the Vice President's day to ensure that she is always where she needs to be, and properly prepped for all meetings.
- The Executive Assistant will file, take notes, organize and generally ensure the Vice President never misses a beat.
- You must have an eagle eye for detail. You must be proficient in English and able to proofread and edit letters, and other correspondence; organize meetings as required; organize shipments as required; perform various other duties as needed for the Vice President.
- Responsible for executing professional and effective communication during all Spruce Meadows communication processes, ensuring that the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront.
- Passionate about keeping people in the know and sharing information to help the team be successful.
- Must be up to the challenge of a diverse workday and comfortable dealing with senior executives and all of our internal employees.
- This includes but is not limited to Spruce Meadows email protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications.
- Spruce Meadows is a tournament venue that is dedicated to being number one in the world. To attain this goal, means the family of employees at Spruce Meadows come together as a group and work as a team. Working as a team means that everyone works to assist our fellow employees no matter what the job is.
- As a sporting venue, it is understood that Spruce Meadows operates with a full employee complement on many weekends and evenings
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in an administrative position.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be productive.
- High standards of confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s Licence Class 5.
- Individual must be professional in deportment and a service attitude in approach.
- Minimum five years experience in administration, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to communicate Spruce Meadows product knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task duties with short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
- Exemplary English language skills required
- Ability to problem-solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work many weekends and evenings.
- Ability to adapt quickly when in a fast pace environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat (Asset).
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset).
- Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset).
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume/CV and Salary Expectations to:
Re: Executive Assistant, Special Features
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.