Spruce Meadows is committed to being the leading venue in the world for international horse sports with a focus on the organization of hosting show jumping tournaments of unmatched quality for junior, amateur and professional athletes in a manner that reflects basic family values in a clean, green and welcoming environment that celebrates the horse and encourages the breeding and training of quality sport horses and the teaching and development of athletes.
Title: Grounds Crew
Department: Operations Services
Position: SEASONAL, Full Time
Expected Placement (subject to change): July 2 – September 30th, 2021This is a full-time position at 40 - 44 hours per week for $16.00 - $18.00 per hour. Spruce Meadows is a world-renowned show jumping venue that holds many tournaments throughout the year. Events are held on weekends; therefore, it is necessary to be available to work both weekends and nights. Shifts will fluctuate to coincide with the busy Spruce Meadows Tournament Season.
• Care and upkeep of all live trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials, general lawn care and maintenance
• Divot and turf repair, irrigation requirements related to this scope of practice
• Maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and tools related to the gardening tasks
• Maintenance such as sweeping, washing, basic repair (within scope) of Spruce Meadows grounds including but not limited to: pathways of various mediums, outdoor furniture, fencing, temporary and permanent structures.
• Reliable transportation to and from work and a Class 5 driver’s license (there is no transit available to Spruce Meadows)
• High School diploma
• Organizational proficiency
• Ability to move quickly and carry heavy loads
• Strong time management skills
• Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
• Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings in listed dates of employment
• Experience and certification in specialized equipment operation (skidsteer, fork lift, aerial work platform, agricultural equipment, tractors, etc.) (Strong Asset)
• Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
• Ability to speak a second language fluently (asset)
Work is in a fast-paced work environment. Successful applicants must be willing to work in various settings and must work well in both team and individual scenarios. The Spruce Meadows venue operates in all weather conditions, from early mornings into late nights and on weekends. The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement).
All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume to:
RE: Grounds Crew
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.