Spruce Meadows is committed to being the leading venue in the world for international horse sports with a focus on the organization of hosting show jumping tournaments of unmatched quality for junior, amateur and professional athletes in a manner that reflects basic family values in a clean, green and welcoming environment that celebrates the horse and encourages the breeding and training of quality sport horses and the teaching and development of athletes.
Title: Feed & Waste Crew
Department: Operations Services
This is a full-time (seasonal) position at 40 - 44 hours per week for $18.00–$20.00 per hour. Spruce Meadows is a world-renowned show jumping venue with events held on weekends; therefore, it is necessary to be available to work both weekends and nights. Shifts will fluctuate to coincide with the busy Spruce Meadows Tournament Season.
• Coordinate with the Tournament Office on the stabling set up in the North Meadows complex
• Receiving feed and bedding orders and delivering them to clients
• Removing used bedding and storing as required (coordinated with North Meadows office)
• Operation and basic maintenance of equipment such as skid steer to deliver and remove product
• Care and maintenance (including but not limited to sweeping and washing) of the stabling area
• Maintaining inventory and proper storage of various types of feed and shavings
• Keeping the grounds at Spruce Meadows in an immaculate condition free from trash, horse manure and various debris
• Emptying garbage containers in both outdoor and indoor facilities
• Emptying recycling containers in both outdoor and indoor facilities
• Keeping horse manure off of public walkways and areas
• Ensuring stadium seating each evening are cleaned and prepared for during tournaments
• Reliable transportation to and from work and a Class 5 driver’s license (there is no transit available to Spruce Meadows)
• High School diploma
• Organizational proficiency
• Ability to move quickly and carry heavy loads
• Strong time management skills
• Strong team approach and willingness to assist others when necessary
• Ability to problem solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings in listed dates of employment
• Experience and certification in specialized equipment operation (skid steer, forklift, aerial work platform, agricultural equipment, tractors, etc.)
• Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset)
• Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset)
Work is in a fast-paced work environment. Successful applicants must be willing to work in various settings and must work well in both team and individual scenarios. The Spruce Meadows venue operates in all weather conditions, from early mornings into late nights and on weekends. The Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications (See Spruce Meadows Policy and Procedure Manual, Spruce Meadows Code of Conduct, Spruce Meadows Confidentiality Agreement).
All Spruce Meadows employees are expected to demonstrate and uphold the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement.
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume to:
RE: Feed & Waste Crew
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.No phone calls, please.