Graphic Designer - Print & Digital
- Responsible for assisting in designing, formatting, delivering and proofing all internal company and external publications.
- Responsible for assisting with all contracted creative designs for external corporate clients.
- Responsible for assisting with all aspects of Spruce Meadows' websites
- Assist with maintaining all Spruce Meadows email accounts, addresses and all related management actions when required.
- Assist with the generation and maintenance of the Spruce Meadows database of public, competitor, and volunteer email lists.
- Assist with the creative, design and content of all email correspondence which includes, but is not limited to, newsletters, contests and general information communication.
- Assist with all archive files related to digital images.
- Responsible for assisting with all facets of tournament office operations which includes, but is not limited to, photo accreditation, regular horse show operations, processing of results, updating of website, assisting with orders of go and any other assigned tasks by the Vice President, Administration.
- Ensuring that Spruce Meadows' business standards and brand standards are maintained and adhered to.
- Ensure Spruce Meadows accounting procedures are followed when executing all accounting processes
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of this job are executed with safety always in the forefront with all involved. This includes but is not limited to, other Spruce Meadows Departments, Spruce Meadows Staff, Volunteer Organization, Operational Support Staff, Contracted Organizations, and Contracted Support Services.
- Responsible for executing professional and effective communication during all Spruce Meadows communication processes.
- Ensuring the Spruce Meadows Mission Statement, the focus of excellent service, the heart and mind of the Southern Family is always at the forefront. This includes but is not limited to Spruce Meadows e-mail protocol, quotations, contracts, general correspondence and verbal communications; both in person and via telecommunications.
Spruce Meadows is a tournament and entertainment venue that is dedicated to being number one in the world. To attain this goal means the family of employees at Spruce Meadows come together as a group and work as a team. Working as a team means that everyone works to assist our fellow employee’s no matter what the job is.
As a sports venue, it is understood that Spruce Meadows operates with a full employee complement on many weekends and evenings.
Responsibility and Authority
Upon review by the Vice President, Administration and the Manager, Graphics & Print Design, the applicant will have the authority to make decisions and confirm all arrangements made on their behalf within the scope of their practice. The supervisor for this position and senior signing authority will remain with the Vice President, Administration or the Manager, Graphics & Design or the assigned respective Project Manager of the assigned task depending on the nature of the project.
- Bachelor, Design & Visual Communications or equivalent.
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s Licence Class 5
- Individuals must be professional in deportment and have a service attitude in approach.
A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in an equivalent position is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and Acrobat DC at minimum) in a windows based environment
- Strong knowledge of Meta Business Suite and digital advertising
- Strong knowledge of Google Ad Sense and Analytics
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro is an asset
- Knowledge of Shopify platform and associated software is an asset
- Knowledge of HTML coding is an asset
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to communicate Spruce Meadows product knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task duties with short deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
- Ability to problem-solve and exhibit conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work many weekends and evenings.
- Ability to adapt quickly when in a fast pace environment.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Current certificate in Standard First Aid & CPR Level C (Asset).
- Ability to speak a second language fluently (Asset).
If you would be interested in joining our team, please mail, fax or email your resume to:
RE: Graphic Designer–Print & Digital
18011 Spruce Meadows Way SW
Calgary, Alberta T2X 4B7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.